Sunday, February 24, 2013

Two February Finishes!

This quilt just sort of happened.  I began the year with overflowing scrap bins so I started making string blocks to empty out the bins.  This quilt is 82"X99" and the scrap bins still aren't empty.  If you're interested in making a string quilt, there is a great tutorial here!
Below is a close up of the details and a photo of the backing fabric.  The quilt was quilted with straight-ish lines on either side of all of the horizontal, vertical, and diagonal seams.

 About the same time that I started into the string quilt, a quilt along for the Scrappy Trip Around the World quilt began to pop up on Instagram.  I couldn't resist so I jumped into two projects at once.  If you are on Instagram there are over 4000 photos of these quilts inspired by the quilt along.  Search for #scrappytripalong.

Scrappy Trip Around the World
Detail and backing fabric
Both of these quilts are for sale in my etsy shop you can find the listings here and here!


  1. I've been following your progress on IG and I'm in love with your strings quilt!

  2. Wow! I love your string quilt! I recently made one in rainbow order too and I was thinking something black and white for the backing. I guess great minds think alike, eh?